Thursday, February 26, 2009

Six Nations

Well, after a two week break this starts again. The thing is now the pressure really begins to tell and it is make or break time.

I wonder who will be able to stand the pressure best?

As it stands, Ireland and Wales are the two sides yet to lose. But they both have very tough games. Wales go against France and because I started this original thread with a prediction, I am going to have to go with that. So with tongue in cheek I am going to say that France will shock Wales and open up the tournament.

That leaves the decision for Ireland verses England the old antagonists. On current form, it stands to reason that Ireland should win. However the English worry me. Somehow whenever they have their backs to the wall, they produce astonishing things. Subsequently, it will be a great game and because the Irish population needs some cheer during these troubled times and because my original prediction was for Ireland to win the championships, I'm going to give it to Ireland, bit it will be close.

Which leaves us with the next two sides, Italy and Scotland. Personally, I always have liked both sides and love the way Italy play rugby, although discipline and the scrum-half remain their biggest problems. Scotland are always so brave and are a superior side in my opinion. However, I'm going to throw a spoke in the wheel and give it to Italy.

I can't wait for this week-ends games to start.

No comments:

Post a Comment